NATIONAL SURVEY ON HEALTH AND MEDICAL CARE
ORGANIZATIONS IN CHARGE OF THE SURVEY
- Medical expenditure (on heath services and medical goods) by age, sex, socio-economic group, education, health insurance coverage, income, number of people in the household, patients' region. Information such as the percentage of consumers, the number of procedures performed, and the pending expenditure are collected.
- The financing of care expenditures (cash advance, payments made by social security, by supplementary health insurers, and households’ out-of-pocket payments)
- Pharmaceutical purchases (prescribed and unprescribed) by therapeutic classes and type of packaging (by value and volume)
- Declared morbidity and health indicators (disability, vital risk)
- Trends over time
- October 2002 and September 2003
- April 1991 to March 1992 in four quarterly waves
- March 1980 to April 1981 in four quarterly waves
- January 1970 to January 1971 in four quarterly waves
- February 1960 to February 1961 in six staggered waves
Scope of the survey
Surveys conducted on households in France (overseas territories excluded)
- Conducted by the Insee.
- Interviews, questionnaires, and medical-consumption records realized or collected during five visits by interviewers at three-week intervals.
- For each household, the file comprises a housing-information sheet, a preliminary questionnaire, four medical-consumption record sheets, four questionnaires collected by interviewers, a questionnaire which is periodically returned to the Insee, and a final questionnaire.
PUBLICATIONS IN ENGLISH
Seeking care for lower back pain in the French population aged from 30 to 69: the results of the 2002-2003 Décennale Santé survey. Plénet A., Gourmelen J., Chatang J.F., Ozguler A., Lanoë J.L., Leclerc A. Ann Phys Rehabil Med. 2010 May; 53(4):224-31, 231-8.
New obesity body mass index threshold for self-reported data. Dauphinot V., Wolff H., Naudin F., Gueguen R., Sermet C., Gaspoz J.M., Kossovsky M.P., Journal of Epidemiology and Community Health, 2009/02, vol 63, n°2, 128-132.
Health status, Neighbourhood effects and Public choice: Evidence from France
Debrand T., Pierre A., Allonier C., Lucas V.
Working paper n° 11, 2008/06
Differences between reported and diagnosed morbidity The examples of obesity, arterial hypertension and hypercholesterolemia
Dauphinot V., Naudin F., Gueguen R.(CETAF), Perronnin M., Sermet C. (Irdes), 2006/11
Questions d'Úconomie de la santÚ n° 114
More on the French site...
July 8th, 2011