- Care provision for dependant elderly persons
- Family economics
- Senior labour supply
- Econometrics (limited dependant variables, simultaneous equations)
- Health insurance choices with regard to the dependancy risk
- Individual trade-off between labour supply and informal care provision
- Interactions between private transfers and public transfers for elderly dependant people
- Intergenerational transfers and sibling interactions
LATEST ENGLISH PUBLICATIONS
How to Explain Why so Few Individuals Insure themselves against the Risk of Old-age Dependency? A Review of the Literature
Fontaine R. (LEG, University of Burgundy; IRDES; Médéric Alzheimer Foundation), Zerrar N. (LEDa-Legos, Paris-Dauphine University)
Issues in Health Economics (Questions d'économie de la santé) n° 188. 2013/06.
The effect of public subsidies for formal care on the care provision for disable elderly people in France.
Fontaine R. Economie Publique, 2012/1-2, n° 28-29, 271-304.
On Economie publique site
Providing care for an elderly parent: interactions among siblings?
Fontaine R., Gramain A., Wittwer J., Health Economics, vol. 18(9), pp. 1011-1029, septembre 2009.
Family support for disabled elderly people. Micro-econometric analysis of individual and family care behaviours.
Fontaine R., PhD thesis.