The International Medical Geography Symposium is the leading international meeting of health and medical geographers. Every two years, the symposium welcomes health geographers and others interested in applying a spatial approach to their research to share findings and form new ideas about the progress of this exciting sub-discipline.
The 17th IMGS will take place in France in July 2-7, 2017, hosted by University of Angers. The organizing committee welcomes all those interested in health geography to attend this conference. The theme of this edition is "Practicing health and medical geography in 2017". Papers and posters presented at the conference will deal with a variety of health issues, including: social perspectives on health; health policy; health care and services; ageing; urban health; rural health; environment and health; GIS approaches; global health; health human resources and health inequities and inequalities.
Deadline to submit an abstract : February 25th, 2017
Read the call for communications
University of Angers
The University of Angers offers more than 300 different degree programs in all major academic fields and welcomes 19,000 students each year.
This event is organized by French health geographers from many universities and research institutes:
- Sophie Baudet-Michel, Université Paris Diderot, Géographie-cités
- Audrey Bochaton, Université Paris Ouest La Défense, LADYSS
- Emmanuel Bonnet, IRD, Résiliences
- Hélène Charreire, Université Paris Est, LabUrba
- Virginie Chasles, Université Lyon 3, HESPER
- Emmanuel Eliot, Université Rouen, IDEES
- Sébastien Fleuret, CNRS, ESO-Angers
- Florence Fournet, IRD, MIVEGEC
- Clélia Gasquet-Blanchard, EHESP
- Anne-Cécile Hoyez, CNRS, ESO-Rennes
- Vincent Laperrière, Aix-Marseille Université, ESPACE
- Véronique Lucas-Gabrielli, IRDES
- Stéphane Rican, Université Paris Ouest la Défense, LADYSS
- Alain Vaguet, Université Rouen, IDEES
- Julie Vallée, CNRS, Géographie-cités
The organizing committee draws on the expertise of a scientific committee comprising:
- Mabel Carabali (Colombie)
- Valorie Crooks (Vancouver, Canada)
- Sarah Curtis (Durham, UK)
- Pascal Handschumacher (IRD, France)
- Robin Kearns (Auckland, Nouvelle-Zélande)
- Thomas Kistemann (Bonn, Allemagne)
- Hénock Blaise Nguendo-Yongsi (Cameroun)
- Sarah Mc Lafferty (Univ Illinois, USA)
- François Taglioni (La Réunion, France)
A number of volunteers are working hard to make the IMGS 2017 a wonderful and memorable event. Thanks to everybody.