Angers, capital of the historic province of Anjou, is located in the heart of the region Pays de la Loire, which is well known for its castles and vineyards. The city enjoys a good reputation as a pleasant place to live only 1 hour and 45 minutes from Paris by train and 1 hour and 30 minutes from the Atlantic Ocean by car.
Angers has 26,000 students (out of 150,000 inhabitants), two universities, 80 scientific research units and 700 research workers.
The Loire Valley
The Loire Valley is notable for its kings, its historic castles and vineyards. Since 2000, the Loire Valley is registered as a World Heritage of Humanity by UNESCO.
A refined gastronomy, combining the talents of famous Angevine chefs. Angers is in the heart of the 2nd French farming region and 3rd vineyard of France!
- 1 castle fortress from the 12th to 15th centuries considered as one of the most well-preserved medieval fortresses in France
- 5 museums
- 24 cinemas
- 3 theatres, 1 opera house
- 1 National Drama Center
- 1 National Contemporary Dance Theatre
- 1 National Orchestra of the Pays de La Loire
- 1 Sound Gallery
Some good places to practice indoor and outdoor sports, during your stay, only 10 minutes from the city:
- Aqua Vita, the new 5000 m2 aquatic center offers a spa journey, sports & incentives with the latest Nordic pool.
- Lake Maine is an exceptional site allowing the practice of many water sports.
- Angers is also crossed by the Loire à Vélo, a unique journey of 800 kilometers on the banks of the Loire.
- The Village Oxylane, Les-Ponts-de-Cé.
- Golf 18 holes, Avrillé.
- An ice rink, skate park, 47 lots for majors games, 15 athletic fields, 69 gymnasiums, 54 tennis courts, a cycling trail, a rowing center, a gold school and an archery range.
From department stores to the expertise of local artisans through the shopping streets of the city center, markets and other flea markets, you will surely find your happiness in Angers! Close to the Angers Exhibition Centre, hotels and Angers train station, several options in the daytime and evening program: window-shopping brands and luxury shops, markets and flea markets, or Angers neighborhoods' gourmet specialties.
To learn more, click here