|December 10th, 2016
|Deadline for session submission and grants application
|January 15th, 2017
|Answers for grants
|February 25th, 2017
|Deadline for abstract submission
|April 30th, 2017
|Deadline for registration without communication/poster
Scope of conference
The IMGS is an international conference that began in 1985 and which acts as a forum for the dissemination of original research in medical and health geography.
The 17th IMGS entitled "Practising Health and Medical Geography in 2017" will provide an opportunity for participants to discuss issues of relevance including, but not limited to:
- How does the diffusion of health care, medical models and practices participate to the globalization process? What are the global trends in terms of access to health care? Do local powers contribute to a better share in health care?
- How does the socio-spatial distribution of health-related resources improve spatial justice?
- How does the wide range of methods currently used to collect data (focus-group, go-along interviews, participatory mapping, GPS tracks, RFID chip etc.) impact research in health and medical geography? Do these methods help produce research that is more interdisciplinary and more connected with public and private actors as well as with civil society?
The 17th IMGS welcomes submissions of abstracts for oral presentations and posters addressing these issues as well as other issues related to theoretical, empirical, methodological or epistemological aspects of Health and Medical Geography. We welcome discussion of topics such as health inequalities, risks, health policy and governance, global health, epidemic diffusion, environmental impacts, place effects, medical tourism, healthy ageing, and urban health.
To submit an abstract, please go to Registration page
- When submitting your abstract, please choose between two formats : Oral communication or poster
- Abstracts should not exceed 2000 characters (including spaces). Title should not exceed 300 characters (including spaces).
- As first author you can submit a maximum of two abstracts
- Deadline for abstract submission is 25th February, 2017.
- Abstracts will be accepted after proof reading (any submissions indicating plagiarism, fallacies, racist language or other violations of professional ethics will be declined; all others will be positively considered).
- Papers will be presented in sessions. Presentation are expected to be of 15 min duration with 5 min discussion. Sessions will be proposed by the scientific committee.
- Registration and payment is required at the time of submitting abstract
- If you encounter financial difficulties that may prevent participation in the IMGS please contact the IMGS committee soon to apply for a grant (email@example.com) specifying "Grant Request" as the subject of your message. You will be asked to complete a form before 10th December, 2016. IMGS committee will inform candidates about their grant eligibility (and the available amount) by 15th January, 2017 (Funds are available for 10 grants).
- If you wish to organize a special session, please contact IMGS committee (firstname.lastname@example.org) before 10th December, 2016 specifying "Special session" as the subject of your message. Please provide some justification and details about the session you propose (i.e., session title; authors and title of at least 4 contributions etc.). The IMGS committee will send approval for special sessions by 15th January, 2017. Authors included in the special sessions should then submit their abstract before 15th February, 2017 specifying the title of their special session. IMGS committee may supplement the session with individual submission when finalizing the programme.
- A poster session will be organized. Poster sessions will last 30 minutes and will include 4 participants. Each presentation should make a coherent statement in 5 minutes. Graphic materials are to be displayed on a 841 x 1189 mm ; 33,1 x 46,8 inches (A0) poster board. Poster material is not provided by the IMGS 2017 organisers.