IRDES DOCUMENTATION CENTRE
Irdes owns a very large documentation
centre housing its collection of health economics literature. Over the
years, the collection became one of the major sources of information on
health economics as well as on related subjects like the organization
of the health care system in France and in other industrialized
nations, epidemiology, social security, demographics, statistics...
Its mission is two-fold:
- to carry out regular thematic and on demand bibliographic research for the researchers at Irdes;
- to provide a research facility
for researchers, students, journalists, and all interested private- and
The Documentation centre offers a large collection of documents on the following subjects:
- Organization of health care systems
- Hospital systems
- Health care professions
- Healthcare financing
- Social security (health insurance) coverage
- Medical consumption
- Health indicators
- Health status and utilization of care by different population groups
- Public health
- General economics
The collection is comprised of:
- Statistics series - the
collection of publications by Irdes and by its predecessor,
Credoc’s medical department, dating back to 1954;
- Works: over 5000 books, reports, theses, codes, encyclopedias...
- Periodical collection: 200 reviews and magazines, of which 30 % are in English;
- Statistical studies
conducted in France (Insee, Cnamts, Drees...) and in foreign countries
(Germany, Holland, the UK, the US...);
- Press reviews by subject;
- Eco-Santé softwares:
- Eco-santé France, Régions & Départements: database containing information on the French health care system.
- OECD Health Data (Eco-santé OCDE): health care database containing statistics on the OECD’s 24 member states.
- Internal documentation database
comprising 50,000 references: part of the bibliographic database is
integrated into the Public Health Database (Banque de Données
Santé Publique, BDSP) and is accessible by Internet: http://www.bdsp.ehesp.fr
ACCESS TO THE DOCUMENT COLLECTION
Consulting documents at Irdes
Opening hours for the document center, by appointment:
Monday, Thursday, Friday: 9:00 - 12:00 noon (For visitors coming
from abroad, other times could be arranged depending on the
availability of staff)
Directions to the Irdes
Véronique Suhard: 33 (0)1 53 93 43 56
Marie-Odile Safon: 33 (0)1 53 93 43 01
Fax: 33 (0)1 53 93 43 50
If you have questions, first try consulting our research-aid documents on-line:
This directory is not an exhaustive address list. It presents a selection of the main institutions or organisations which provide information to the public on the French health care system and health issues in France.
The document aims to help you to find reliable information on Public Health in France and in European Countries. It provides a selection of the major bibliographical and statistical resources on public health and related like health care system organisation in France and in other industrialised nations, epidemiology, social security, demographics, statistics...
If you send an EMail, please do not forget to
mention your name, company, postal or EMail address, telephone, so that
we can respond adequately.
September 14th, 2015