IRDES' Documentation Centre is specialized in health economics. Its multidisciplinary collection is one of the main references in this sector as well as in other corollary fields: organization of health systems in France and in industrialized countries, health policy, epidemiology, social protection... at national and international level.
It has a dual purpose of providing information:
- Scientific monitoring and literature reviews on the research themes of IRDES researchers and partners;
- Reception of the external public, bibliographic research and assistance with research.
The Documentation Centre was established in 1985.
First, we invite you to consult three documents created to help you in your research.
One of them can be found under the heading "Documentary tools": "Getting information on Public Health in France and in Europe".
The second is the "Health Address Book" in the "Useful sites and addresses" section. If you have not found an answer to your question, please send it to us by e-mail.
The IRDES Documentation Centre offers a large collection of documents on the following fields, which concern France and OECD countries:
- Organization of health care systems
- Hospital system
- Health professions
- Social protection
- Medical consumption
- Morbidity and health indicators
- Underprivileged populations and health
- Public health
- General economy
The Documentation Centre makes available to the public:
- The collection of IRDES reports published by IRDES and by its predecessor, CREDOC's medical department, dating back to 1954
- 20,000 books, reports, theses, working-papers
- 100 collections of periodicals, 30% of which are in English
- Statistical studies conducted in France (INSEE, CNAMTS, DREES...) and in foreign countries (OECD countries)
- Press reviews by subjects
- Its internal documentary database includes 80,000 references
The IRDES' documentary database can be consulted online via the BDSP: www.bdsp.tm.fr